- Applications must be made in teams, comprising:
- a writer-director and producer or
- a director, a writer and producer
- The director should be Saudi/Saudi Resident or of Arab nationality/origin or of African nationality/origin.
- Preference will be given to projects with producers and screenwriters of Arab nationality/origin, but projects with team members of other nationalities will be considered, provided the director is of Arab nationality/origin.
- Aimed at first or second-time feature directors, applications from more established voices will be considered if they demonstrate daring new ideas and approaches.
- The producer needs to have demonstrable production experience (previous work).
- A screenwriter must have experience of realized scripts in any form, including shorts, TV, web series or theater.
- The team must confirm their full availability for all the workshops and sessions as per the schedule outlined below, as well as at the Red Sea International Film Festival, once the dates are announced.
- The working language of the workshops, meetings, and events is English; therefore, English proficiency is a must.