How to submit your project?
How to submit your film in-progress?
The submission of the films is made through the Red Sea Fund application process for post-production support. The Festival is also scouting and hand-picking films.
Submission is open from June 15, 2021 and will close on July 21, 2021.
We will be looking for films at the post-production stage meeting the following criteria:
- Special attention will be given to first or second feature films, fiction, animation and documentary, (minimum duration of 60’).
- The director must be of African nationality or Arab nationality/origin.
- Priority will be given to films in-progress with no sales agent attached.
- The film has not been screened as a work-in-progress, or otherwise, in any other festival or market prior to the Red Sea Souk.
- The film is currently at the post-production stage and the director and producer agree and are entitled to screen a working copy (entire film) at the Red Sea Souk.
- If the film is not in the English language, it must come with English subtitles at the time of its submission.
The selection results will be communicated to the selected teams by September 15, 2021.
RULES & REGULATIONS