- Writing and strategy of treatment and a short synopsis
- Improved writing skills
- Skills in research and development
- Storytelling techniques
- Honing dialogue
- Genre expectations
- Rigorous analysis of diverse, successful short scripts
- Adaptation, documentary, and experimentation in fiction
- Screenwriting Klinik
Scriptwriting Klinik: From Research to words to production
The Goethe-Institut and Red Sea Film Festival, in cooperation with the Film Academy Baden-Württemberg, Ludwigsburg (Germany), offers a unique three-part SKRIPTWRITING KLINIK that leads to the production of three final films in the category Live Action Short Film with a strong focus on research.
The workshops seek emerging filmmakers and scriptwriters as well as film and media students with intermediate or advanced experience. We also encourage creative writers who want to write or adapt work into a screenplay.
The curriculum of the scriptwriting klinik
These unique workshops will improve skills in scriptwriting and storytelling form with a focus on research and development, rigorous drafting, and strong aesthetic language and style. The scripts or treatments will be developed and honed while participants work in small groups and assist each other with their projects. We will provide an online learning platform to communicate and cooperate in the time between the workshops.
- Intensive one-on-one mentorship
- Dedicated Online Learning Platform
- Sessions with renowned industry professionals
- Consistent and critical feedback during workshops and in between
- Structure for interactive peer feedback
- A pitching at the end of the workshop, where three scripts will be selected, and their writers will be given a production grant. They will also be teamed with a creative team for the production.