Submissions are now closed
Tamheed Fund (Prelude Fund)
The Tamheed Fund is a one-time competition introduced by the Red Sea Film Festival Foundation, it will support two Saudi feature films at the production stage with financial support of up to $500,000 each.
The initiative aims to produce two new Saudi feature films in 2019, to be premiered at the first edition of the Red Sea International Film Festival in March 2020.
- The writer and director must be Saudi national(s).
- The script must be ready for production.
- The theme of the script should be Saudi-related. The script should be innovative, and focusing on an authentic local story
- The script must be associated with a director, in case the writer is not the director.
- The script must be written for a feature film that exceeds 60 minutes in duration; excluding the credits.
- The project should have a producer from Saudi Arabia or from a Saudi-based producer who works in the Saudi cinema sector. (The Red Sea Film Festival Foundation encourages projects that have producer attached.
How to submit a project?
- Applicants must complete all required fields provided in the electronic application form.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The deadline for receiving the applications is July 31, 2019 at 6.00 pm KSA.
Required information and supporting materials
- Synopsis (max 150 words)
- A full script
- Director's letter with an explanation of his/her artistic/cinematic vision
- Director's biography with links to previous works
- Writer's biography with links to previous works
- Producer’s Biography and the production company’s profile
- If no production company is attached a description of an alternative production process that the project makers intend to follow needs to be described.
- Detailed project budget.
- Detailed project timeline including completion date.
- For more information about the required information and supporting materials, please contact email@example.com
Announcing the Results
- A selection committee will evaluate all submitted projects. Two of the projects will be chosen to receive funding.
- The two winning projects will be announced on Sunday, August 25, 2019.
- If the project is selected, the producer will be obliged to complete the entire film before March 1, 2020.
- A contract shall be sent to the producer, that will detail the project’s start and finish date, the amount of financial support and other financial requirements, a schedule of payments, specific project outputs, required reports and other general conditions.
- In case the beneficiary does not sign and the contract within 15 days, the support will be withdrawn.
- The beneficiary is expected to send all necessary written and financial reports as detailed in the contract during production.
- The Red Sea International Film Festival Foundation shall be the executive producer of the project. Its representative have the right to follow up on the production process of the selected projects. No artistic or content interventions will take place during the follow up process.
- The Red Sea International Film Festival has the right to decline the film the film.
Payment Terms and Schedule
- The selected project receive 25% of the grant as an initial payment. After spending 80% of the initial payment, the selected project shall submit narrative and financial progress reports. After approval of these reports, the Red Sea Film Festival Foundation will transfer the second installment amounting to 60% of the grant. After the submission of the final narrative and financial reports and final project outputs, the Red Sea Film Festival Foundation shall transfer the final payment (15% of the grant) and the contract will be considered fulfilled.
- These conditions are subject to flexible criteria according to production conditions.
- The winning projects must submit 2 DCP copies of the final product of the project. The beneficiary shall provide the Red Sea Film Festival Foundation with supporting materials for the project (visual, written, etc.)